Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Guilds & Some ZG Stuff

Yeah, my guild situation is interesting and unique. I know I don't talk about it much, but it's important to note my current situation.

Here's the briefest (is that a word) explanation:

- Main guild was Pathos Hammer
- Guild was a 180 member "feeder" guild
- We were not doing high-end content
- Dismayed level 60s were leaving to go gear grind with @ssh@t guilds
- I could have perpetuated that state of being... and I would have probably quit in a fit of depression
- Instead, I formed a sister guild, Forge, designed specifically to allow level 60 Pathos Hammer members who wanted end-game stuff an opportunity to maintain continuity with Pathos Hammer
- Of course, everyone told me it wouldn't work
- Everyone loves telling me how things won't work
- It worked.

- So, I run two guilds now.
- Pathos Hammer is effectively run by a council, and really gets along because of our philosophy of friendship, family, and forgiveness. Oh, and fun.
- Forge gets along because I'm strict, we have scheduled end-game runs, the members are wholly devoted to end-game stuff, and we can act more like adults (it's family, but more like when the kids go to sleep)

So far, we've been running ZG about twice a week. Once in a while, we'll go take out Kurinnaxx in AQ20. He's a breeze.

When we started trying ZG, it was a mess. We managed okay with Venoxis (the first boss we tried), but were having a hell of a time with the bat boss. But, through persistence and the Forge spearheading the events, we started learning these bosses. We were told that we would have hella trouble with the bat boss. We got her in a few tries. We did have a lot of trouble with the spider boss. But we were able to overcome that obstacle, as well. After a few weeks, we eventually made our way to the tiger boss. We one-shotted the tiger boss. (that means we killed the guy the first time around, none of us ever having even seen him before!!!)

We were amazed.

Yeah, sure, the panther boss gave us a fit. But sometimes you gotta wipe 5 times on a boss to learn it. We learned it. We beat it. That's what makes it all fun and worth it. Learning, overcoming.

Okay, so we took down 5 ZG bosses. Tried Hakkar. Oboy, we sucked at Hakkar! Hahah. Can't beat him yet, but we're working on it. I'll let you know when we've knocked that smirk off his scaly face.

In the meantime, feel free to download and watch the video I made of us taking on the 5 bosses. (Yeah, my Venoxis movie was kinda screwed up, so I did what I did in the video on purpose). Heck, watching these movies, you might get an idea of how to beat some of these guys! Hah.

Right-click, and save as:

Teh Moovee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, now that's a good solution to the relaxed fun/end-game content dichotomy problem. I've often felt it didn't work well to try to have both in the same guild, and that some sort of linked guild system would probably be a good way to tackle it, but I wasn't really sure how one would make it work, or if it would work. So grats!

And never, ever listen to folks who tell you it can't be done. Well no, that isn't right. Listen to them, ask them why they think that, consider their problems and your solutions carefully, and then go prove them wrong. ;) Nice work.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger Psyae said...

Heh, thanks!

I forgot to mention that we use a communal chat channel. It's easy to set up, and just about everyone in both guilds use it. It's basically one huge huge guild.

I do take suggestions and advice from my guildies, and I'm quick to implement those ideas I think will be most effective. It's not a guild without its members! :)

If you are curious as to the details of the logistics behind the sister guilds that I've set up, let me know, and we can chat directly about it.

Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Hexa said...

So refreshing to hear about guilds not having BWL on farm etc. I so miss the times when we would go wiping in ZG and the joy of taking the batboss the first time.

Not being an ultra-raider myself I've found myself in several feeder guilds. Though the last one has prevailed much due to the dedication of certain officers.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Local Time

Eniwetok (GMT-12)
Samoa (GMT-11)
Hawaii (GMT-10)

Alaska (GMT-9)
Pacific Time (GMT-8)
Mountain Time (GMT-7)

Central Time (GMT-6)
Eastern Time (GMT-5)
Atlantic Time (GMT-4)

Brazilia (GMT-3)
Mid-Atlantic (GMT-2)
Azores (GMT-1)

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Rome (GMT +1)
Israel (GMT +2)
Moscow (GMT +3)

Baku (GMT +4)
New Delhi (GMT +5)
Dhakar (GMT +6)

Bangkok (GMT +7)
Hong Kong (GMT +8)
Tokyo (GMT +9)

Sydney (GMT +10)
Magadan (GMT +11)
Wellington (GMT +12)



MMORPG Listed on BlogShares