Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Burning Crusade




Well, hi!

I tasted the water, with hesitancy, but once the sweet succor upon my lips did touch, away myself I could not pull.

Translation: I bought TBC and I love it.

Just as an update, a few weeks prior to the expansion, I pvp grinded to get myself those Grand Marshal maces and three GM set pieces. Yes, it was quite worth it. I'm still using all my GM gear, mixed with my old Lt. Commander gear, and it's helped immensely in the expansion. The first couple of things I upgraded: rings, ranged weapon, neckpiece. I pretty much have everything else, and I swap individual pieces to max out certain attributes depending on what I'm doing.

And, yes, I'm still combat mace spec. Apparently many rogues are now reverting/converting to combat mace in order to level, as I once did, a very very long time ago. I stuck with it. I love combat maces, and will never change. It's my destiny. Oh well.

Oh, it also goes well with my play style, and is fun as hell to play.

And, yeah, I main tanked the second boss (the big lobster) in the Slave Pens. Seriously. It was awesome.

Guild update: I gave my guild (Forge) an ultimatum: We're a raid guild, prepare to raid, desire to raid, have the dedication and competency to raid, or kindly depart. Perhaps too harsh, but I'm really a softie. Obviously we're not raiding just yet (not enough 70s), but we're leveling at a fairly steady rate, and are starting to get through the required quests for the level 70 instances. Oh, and guild retention was about 98%.

Expansion: Once I set foot through the portal, and ever since, I was thoroughly impressed. The size and complexity of the expansion was well worth the two year "gap." Honestly, I don't believe in the theory that all MMORPGs should come out with an expansion every year. I think that's too quick. Blizzard has done an absolutely wonderful job for the past two years coming out with patches full of new content. This expansion is like icing on the cake, plus another cake. And maybe a case of beer.

Why is it impressive?

- it's HUGE
- flying mounts
- easy and quick quests that give you a taste, but don't burden you too much
- hilarious movie/etc. references throughout the expansion
- a variety of world pvp (not all are that well implemented, but at least they're trying)
- arenas
- two new races (which I haven't even begun to fully explore)
- max 25-man instances (this is the best feature)
- many new 5-10-man instances (second-best feature) that don't take five+ hours each

In short, clear and fun goals that can be completed in one sitting, thus catering to absolutely every player type. I can log on, get in a 5-man group, and run any of the 5-man instances in under an hour, have a lot of fun, get some gear, log off, and have a real life, too. Thanks, Blizzard!

[Editorial note: Of course I don't log on for merely an hour! But, if I did, I'd still be happy with the game.]

As my guild and I progress and explore/conquer, I'll update the blog.

Woot.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo for sticking with a build you like, rather than the one that's "the best".

I say this as the one and only affliction warlock on my server.

Friday, February 02, 2007 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Hexa said...

Hope you can stick with maces.. lots of people are reporting that good rogue maces are hard to come by as you level up past 60...

Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Psyae said...

Thanks for the comments.

I just dinged 69 last night, and, so far, my GM maces aren't too bad, though the DPS on each is a bit sub-par, even compared to some of the green daggers and swords I've seen dropping.

I'm not sure if I'll try for the new pvp maces or try to farm for something better otherwise. I really don't even know what's out there. I've just been enjoying myself in BC.

Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger My_Lo said...

Hello, I just wanted to tell you that i find your blog very nice and that i added you to my links ^_-

Have fun...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to see you're back blogging psyae, was wondering if it had all come to an end, but no! rah :D

Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:15:00 PM  
Anonymous ambersbridal said...

Great article. I merely found your blog along with planned to declare i get genuinely liked looking at your blog blogposts. However I’ll always be opt-in for a supply along with I’m hoping anyone article yet again rapidly.Who wrote the sonnet of seaside romance? Guess Shakespeare would feel wordless at the sight of marine motif lace wedding dress. Amber’s beach simple wedding dresses unfold pictures of sea-inspired details like pearl beading, shelly appliqué and metallic embroidery. A profusion of drapes, bubbles, pleating and ruffling echoes to the very physique of the beach and the sea.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:25:00 AM  
Blogger hou said...

This expansion is like icing on the cake, plus another cake. And maybe a case of beer.
meizu pro 5
meizu mx5
xiaomi mi5

Friday, October 09, 2015 1:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Local Time

Eniwetok (GMT-12)
Samoa (GMT-11)
Hawaii (GMT-10)

Alaska (GMT-9)
Pacific Time (GMT-8)
Mountain Time (GMT-7)

Central Time (GMT-6)
Eastern Time (GMT-5)
Atlantic Time (GMT-4)

Brazilia (GMT-3)
Mid-Atlantic (GMT-2)
Azores (GMT-1)

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Rome (GMT +1)
Israel (GMT +2)
Moscow (GMT +3)

Baku (GMT +4)
New Delhi (GMT +5)
Dhakar (GMT +6)

Bangkok (GMT +7)
Hong Kong (GMT +8)
Tokyo (GMT +9)

Sydney (GMT +10)
Magadan (GMT +11)
Wellington (GMT +12)



MMORPG Listed on BlogShares