Thursday, August 25, 2005

MOVIES!

Yeah, I know you all love movies. So, I've been making some of my own (and am hopefully on the right track to improving them and reducing file size). Right now, I'm on a 10 meg per minute kick. The quality is decent, enough to see what's going on, etc., but a little grainy and sometimes hard to see the text. But that's okay. It's the action that counts, right? Anyway, so, here are a few examples of my first movies. I'm "locally" hosting them, so you don't have to worry about mirror sites, pop-ups, or other nasty stuff. Unfortunately, that limits me to 10 meg, but I also have a gmail account (which lets you email an ungodly amount of data), so when I start to develop more, I can just email them. Or... doh. I can just set up an FTP site for my devoted readers. Anyway, I'll let you know more on that later. Till then, we're stuck with shorter (but still entertaining) movies. (Careful, they have audio, so if you're at work, plug in your headphones and jack up the volume, or just turn your speakers down some. You'll eventually want to hear them in full volume anyway, so watch it again at home!)

http://members.cox.net/puzzlebox/prehistory.wmv

http://members.cox.net/zephlon/jed.wmv

[Note about the jed movie: It's a duel between Psy and Jedix. I'm lvl 58, he's lvl 60. We agreed to use beginning game weapons, so I bought two lvl 1-5 daggers (that do about 1-3 damage), and he bought one. He used the low level dagger in his main hand, but for some reason kept his glowy nice epic (or blue, I forget) dagger in his left. I didn't realize this until I watched the movie for myself! Also, our rules included no stealth.]

Enjoy!

*More to come soon!*

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sound track was much better in the 2nd one. So... what you are really saying is that Jedix cheated, right...?

To piggy back on this one post... I tried Warsong Gulch at lvl51 - 53 and was mostly no help what so ever. The mind set of players is very different in there, then when doing PvP elsewhere. Usually, when I would be involved in PvP with lvl60s I would be ignored for the most part. They would focus on the people closer to their level, probably assuming they were the bigger threat. Not realizing how much damage I could do with a nice crit (at that time 1000 - 1400 points of damage). However, in Warsong, I was never ignored they would kill me almost immediately, realizing how easy of a kill I was for them and thus negating any contribution I would make to the battle. I will have to try again soon, and hopefully last longer than a few seconds.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet stuff - I can prolly host some of them for you - just have to sort out my disk and badwidth to see how I'm doing on both.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weblog Time At Western
One weblog is being created every second. This estimate, provided by weblog searching site Technorati illustrates just how quickly people are now appropriating the Web -- not to find out things -- but to ...
Hi, nice-looking blog you have and very informative one. I'll definitely bookmark it! When have time, come to see my guitar tablature related site :-)

Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have the best f'n blog ever f'n made! F'n for real! No f'n joke! I'm going to bookmark your f'n blog right now, you wanker! No, really! Seriously! Wait, before I go, why don't you check out my f'n awesome *insert f'n link to some f'n pop-up heavy internet ad site here* site. It pretty much covers just about any f'n thing you'd ever f'n want! No, f'n really!

You know. I keep those anonymous ads just so I have something to keep me entertained.

No, really!

-Psy

Thursday, August 25, 2005 1:03:00 PM  
Blogger Psyae said...

Bill, actually, what I was saying about Jedix is that he had multiple advantages over me, yet I still won. Beats me how I managed to win. Got him in three duels, too. (one of them we allowed stealth, and even though he's an ambush/bs rogue, I still won!)

Tomas, sounds great. I'm planning on making a longer movie (with a good soundtrack, Bill) that covers multiple pvping and whatnot. I know, plenty of other rogues have done the same. But I haven't!

I have about 5,000 mp3s to choose from for my soundtrack, but if any of you have a suggestion, I'm all ears. Also, if you have any suggestions whatsoever about what I should film, OR, surprise, if you want me to make a character on YOUR server and film some of YOUR adventures, let me know. I'd be happy to do something like that.

(Do I have a closet Director complex?)

Thursday, August 25, 2005 1:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, Alright, Me using Heartseeker was cheap :(. I thought you said to not take the duels seriously? hehe. I'd like to see about a rematch, using normal gear AND stealth. Think you'll be game?

Thursday, August 25, 2005 3:59:00 PM  
Blogger Psyae said...

You know it.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 4:03:00 PM  
Blogger Psyae said...

Jed, you wanna sneak into Stormwind with me tonight? I'll be filming it. You could be famous! (for something other than being a cheezy cheating dueler who loses anyway!)

hehehh

Thursday, August 25, 2005 4:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, I'll sneak into SW with ya, name a time (server time, preferably)

Thursday, August 25, 2005 4:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take Pictures!

Thursday, August 25, 2005 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger Psyae said...

Jed, wanna meet at Grom'Gol at.. uh... 5:30 pm server time? I'm cleaning up my hard drive so I can record lotta video. I still don't know if it'll be enough, tho.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 6:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity why does it look like all of the commenters are trying to sell you stuff?

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Local Time

Eniwetok (GMT-12)
Samoa (GMT-11)
Hawaii (GMT-10)

Alaska (GMT-9)
Pacific Time (GMT-8)
Mountain Time (GMT-7)

Central Time (GMT-6)
Eastern Time (GMT-5)
Atlantic Time (GMT-4)

Brazilia (GMT-3)
Mid-Atlantic (GMT-2)
Azores (GMT-1)

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Rome (GMT +1)
Israel (GMT +2)
Moscow (GMT +3)

Baku (GMT +4)
New Delhi (GMT +5)
Dhakar (GMT +6)

Bangkok (GMT +7)
Hong Kong (GMT +8)
Tokyo (GMT +9)

Sydney (GMT +10)
Magadan (GMT +11)
Wellington (GMT +12)



MMORPG Listed on BlogShares